Myanmar (formerly Burma) needs the Good News! You can help Biblical Church Ministries, also known as BCM, present the Good News of Jesus, who restores hope. Imagine — many have never even heard about Jesus in this place.
It is in the context of chaos and danger that BCM is serving people and our Lord through BCM. The Good News is being preached with your help. The Gospel brings HOPE!
Seven new believers were baptized on Sept. 24/2023. Four more in October. God is using BCM to bear fruit! Praise the Lord! (Pastor Aung Mai is second from left)
"We met Pastor Aung Mai while visiting our own mission in Tachileik, MM, in 2018. He greeted us warmly as fellow Christians and missionaries. He told us about his ministry and the need for a church building. He introduced us to his family.
We have followed his faithful ministry locally and with various tribal people groups. He drives many miles through dangerous territory to hold meetings with believers and non-believers. He encourages them in their adversity and many times provides food.
He served on the board of our mission when it was possible to meet, providing helpful counsel. He is a real asset in spreading God’s love in Myanmar, and we would highly recommend him and his work for your support! He is a fearless worker in a difficult country. He has shown himself to be trustworthy!"
— Bruce and Elizabeth Francisco, sponsors of Tachileik Hill School, Myanmar
Established in 2021, Biblical Church Ministries (BCM) has been an effective witness in Tachileik, Myanmar and in tribal areas. We have a rich history of serving others and sharing the message of Christ with all who will listen.
BCM is an independent mission agency of ICMS (International Christian Mission Services), with boards in Canada and Myanmar.
It is important in their culture for believers to belong to a church body for mutual support, protection, community, fellowship, and spiritual nourishment. Otherwise, the believer will be alone in a hostile culture. THIS MAKES A CHURCH BODY AND BUILDING A NECESSITY. A new church building is under construction, and the congregation moved into the multi-use building on Christmas Eve. We are deeply grateful for your gifts and prayers! We will need another $60,000 to complete the two-story building.
The NEED is GREAT. People are hungry for the Good News! Please help both young and old to hear the Good News of Jesus.
Pastor Aung Mai is the kind of person who makes the Gospel attractive and welcomed! He can go where few others can. Some of his personal and ministerial backgrounds include:
a. A Master’s degree in theology
b. Co-founding Biblical Church Ministries in Myanmar
c. A man of vision and action
d. Has great joy in nurturing his flock, evangelism, and meeting spiritual needs despite many difficulties
e. Speaks Burmese, Thai, English, and some tribal languages
f. Happily married and has two children
The northern tribal people are very open to the Good News. Many have accepted Jesus as their Savior. They live in villages, and often, when the chief becomes a Christian, the village follows.
Some parents in Myanmar are too poor to send their children to school. We want to break the cycle of poverty and sin. Children are the future church; their lives will forever be changed if they can hear the Good News early in life.
We are expanding the Christian Education program. Children need a dedicated Christian school to prepare them for a useful life. Hundreds of children are roaming the streets now, often ending up with drug-dependent and criminal lifestyles. Worst of all, they do not hear about Jesus. What a joy it is for all of us, when an education program rescues children from a disastrous life!
Observe how the boys are fascinated by Pastor Aung Mai's preaching of the Good News of Jesus. They hunger for the Good News.
“Teaching the Bible to non-believer children every week. We would love to reach more children, but we have no more budget for them because we provide lunch too.” Pastor Aung Mai
Imagine these children roaming the streets. What a difference you have made!
Much poverty, hopelessness, and too many cheap drugs have created huge substance dependency problems. With your help, the following goals can be accomplished:
1. Rehabilitate people with drug and substance dependency and help them become productive people and believers.
2. Provide a facility and farm with an agricultural program to grow chickens, fruits, and vegetables; they need life skills to support their families.
3. Offer a double blessing where they can eat and learn working skills so that they can be self-supporting.
4. Their families can become whole and help others.
Pastor Aung Mai has been working at EDEN for several years. Four men just graduated from the program and are supporting their own families. Praise the Lord!
One of the proponents of this program is Hau, a strong, gifted believer who will be enrolling in a Church Planting program in December. At present, he is working with the WA tribal people. Please pray for him and his little flock, since he is in a war zone right now. We believe he is still alive, but needs food and our prayers. May God protect him and provide.
1. To care for and nourish new and maturing believers, so they can become effective disciples of Jesus.
2. To practice evangelism in Myanmar and its tribal areas.
3. To train pastors, plant local biblical churches, and enable them to share the Good News with their people.
4. To provide education for needy families, and relieve poverty as needed. To provide medical aid.
5. To help those addicted to sinful habits become believers and train them to be disciples of Jesus.
To help Biblical Church Ministries become:
We are exploring ways of achieving these goals.
1. Share the vision with others
2. Complete the multi-use church building and EDEN Training House for worship, training, education, and rehabilitation.
3. Leverage donors and partners.
4. Provide ongoing updates.
5. Strengthen trust and accountability.
6. Encourage effective evangelism and church planting.
7. Create a base of people who will pray for, and fund the work.
8. Begin the work: “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing the work.”
— Walt Disney
To make this happen, BCM needs your prayers and support. God still answers prayer!